The Ladies Multi Cable Merino Wool Cardigan is made up of Merino wool, the soft waterproof wool of merino sheep. This wool is not only softer but also thinner compared to other types of wool and for this reason, it is suitable for making clothing. Like in sheep, the fiber in this natural wool insulates your skin by trapping air and hence keeping you warm. On a hot day, these porous fibers will move moisture from your skin and leave you cool. This cardigan is therefore suitable for any season. The plaited trellis cardigan comprises of the trellis and cable patterns, which are among the common Aran patterns used on sweaters. These Aran patterns originate from the Aran Islands on the west side of Ireland’s coast. The island, which is popular for its Aran sweaters and long stone fences, has lived on farming and fishing your many years. Women originally knitted these sweaters out of wool and in symbolic patterns for their fishermen husbands and fathers. These patterns represent different elements and aspects of the Island and its residents. The trellis pattern symbolizes the stone walls in the Island that surround the farmers’ fields and is also a symbol of protection while the cable patterns in this plaited trellis cardigan symbolize fishing ropes. This simple and stylish Irish cardigan incorporates the old and the new.
- 100% MERINO WOOL: This versatile cardigan sweater is made of pure, top-quality Irish wool. This kind of wool provides insulating warmth, moisture-wicking breathability, and premium softness
- RAISED COLLAR: A thick, raised collar embellished with intricate cable patterns gives this cardigan a regal, formal touch that is especially great for formal looks. It also provides extra warmth for the neck. Turtleneck collars have been trendy for years; a turtleneck cardigan is a good way to stay warm and fashionable.
- THREE BUTTON CLOSURE: Three brown wooden buttons on the side on the front of the jacket create a fun asymmetrical effect that makes this piece a true standout. The buttons also contrast wonderfully with the texture of the Merino wool
- ARAN STITCHING: This sweater beautifully shows off rich Aran stitching that features an ornate array of various cable rope and braid patterns in vertical designs that elongate and flatter any figure
- AUTHENTICALLY IRISH: Made in Ireland by Aran Woollen Mills, the sweater is reflective of an insular Irish tradition that symbolizes the rugged beauty of the landscape.